I guess my photography journey started in high school. I liked taking pictures and my high school offered a photography course where you could learn all about how to use your SLR camera in manual and then develop your own film. (I've got two things to say about that. First, how cool is that?! And second, I swear I am not that old!) I loved it but I was off to college to major in business and put my artistic endeavors aside for the time being.
After getting my Bachelors degree in business and then completing my MBA I decided a career in the corporate world was not for me. This happened because when my kids were born, my inner photographer was born. I took 1200 photos of my firstborn in his first few weeks of life. I wanted to capture every little expression. I couldn't believe all of the amazing facets of his personality and how fast he grew. My other two children were no different. My children taught me to focus on what I was passionate about...which is being their mom and being a photographer. I know how much a photograph means to a parent because I am a parent too, clicking away to document their smiles and silly faces and capture their personalities and their beauty so I can look back and remember these days. My photographic style is a mix of lifestyle and posed because I value telling a story as much as looking at a really beautiful piece of art.
What you can expect from me:
1) Your session with me will always be laid back.
2) I do not expect your two year old to follow directions, your newborn to sleep the whole time, or your kids to be on their best behavior. I do not expect dad to be comfortable in front of the camera or mom to be stress free after she just completed the nearly impossible task of prepping a family for family photos. If any of these things happen I will be amazed and tell you so!
3) I will play with your kids and act super goofy so I can get to know them and make sure that they are having fun. Happy kids = real smiles = fantastic photos! Plus I love to be goofy and have fun. Kids are awesome!
4) If you are having your newborn photographed, I will treat your little one like my own. Frequent breaks for feedings, rocking and cuddling, and cleaning up after a baby who is diaperless for the shoot is par for the course. I love newborns and really enjoy getting those precious photos for you.
5) I am versatile. You have great ideas you want to include? Cool. You have no idea what you want? That's cool too. I'm sure to have lots of ideas for you.